Bose headphones are known for their superior sound quality and comfort. They are great for everyday listening and wherever you go. But like all electronics, Bose headphones accumulate dust and dirt. They also tend to lose their texture, and the sound quality diminishes with prolonged usage.
Do you struggle to clean your Bose headphones because you’re unsure how? If so, read on and find out the proper way to get them spotless. This article will give you step-by-step instructions that are easy enough for any beginner.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Do We Need To Clean Our Headphones?
- 2 How to Clean Bose headphones Complete Guide
- 3 What is Required for Bose Headphones Cleaning?
- 4 Tips You should avoid while Cleaning Bose headphones?
- 5 Conclusion:
- 6 FAQs
Why Do We Need To Clean Our Headphones?
For starters, headphones need to be cleaned because they accumulate dirt and dust. Just imagine all the places that Bose headphones have been from different people’s hands and heads. Headphones virtually go everywhere with their owners.
Cleaning also prevents the build-up of earwax and oils, affecting sound quality and even damaging the headphones over time.
How to Clean Bose headphones Complete Guide
Step 1: Prepare your supplies. You will need distilled water, a soft cloth or microfiber cloth, an earful of cotton swabs and cotton balls, headphones cleaning spray (optional), and compressed air or q-tips to clean the drivers/speaker part of the headphones.
Step 2: Please turn off your headphones and unplug them from any devices.
Step 3: Remove the ear cups and the headband. You will need to unscrew the screws on the backplate for the ear cups. Once they’re off, you can pull off the ear cup. Be careful not to tear it if it’s still attached to the wires. For the headband, slide it up.
Step 4: Take a cotton swab and earful of cotton and insert it into one of your ear canals. Make sure you choose the one with ‘less wax.’ Turn your headphones upside down so that any water or cleaner will drip off and not get inside the drivers/speaker part of the headphones.
Step 5: Wet your soft or microfiber cloth with distilled water and squeeze out any excess liquid. Gently wipe the headphone’s exterior, making sure not to get the electronics wet. If you’re using a cleaning spray, make sure to avoid spraying it directly onto the headphones.
Step 6: Take another cotton swab and earful of cotton and insert it into the other ear canal. Turn your headphones back right side up.
Step 7: Proceed to wipe down the exterior again, making sure to get any hard-to-reach spots.
Step 8: If you have a can of compressed air, use it to blow off any remaining dust particles. Alternatively, you can use q-tips to clean the drivers/speaker part of the headphones. Just be careful not to damage them in any way.
Step 9: Reattach the ear cups and headband, making sure everything is properly secure.
Step 10: Plug your headphones back into any devices and turn them on. Test to see if they’re working properly.
What is Required for Bose Headphones Cleaning?
You will need the following:
- Distilled water
- A soft cloth or microfiber cloth
- An earful of cotton swabs and cotton balls
- Headphones cleaning spray (optional)
- Compressed air or q-tips if you want to clean the drivers/speaker part of the headphones.
Tips You should avoid while Cleaning Bose headphones?
- Never use water, cleaner, or any liquid based substance on the drivers/speaker part of your headphones.
- Avoid using cleaning agents in excess. Make sure you’re only using just enough to wipe it down. A little bit goes a long way in cleaners and sprays. Excess amounts can drip into the drivers/speaker part of your headphones.
- Avoid using cleaning agents that are abrasive or that contain alcohol. These substances can damage the coating on your headphones and drivers/speakers.
- Keep in mind that most cleaners used for cleaning lenses, glass cabinets, and other glass surfaces also contain ammonia which is very harmful to plastics. If you’re not sure about a cleaner, don’t use it.
- Do not insert your head or any object into the ear cups when they’re turned over. The drivers/speaker part of your headphones can get wet and damage them.
Cleaning your Bose headphones is a quick and easy process that can be completed in just a few minutes. Using the steps outlined in this article, you can keep your headphones looking and performing their best. Happy listening.
How do you clean smelly Bose headphones?
The best way to clean smelly headphones is to use a disinfectant spray or wipes. You can also try using a small amount of dish soap and water.
How do you clean the earpads on Bose headphones?
To clean the earpads on your Bose headphones, you can use a disinfectant spray or wipes. Alternatively, you can use a small amount of dish soap and water.
Can you wash Bose headphones in the washing machine?
Bose does not recommend washing headphones in the washing machine. It is best to clean them using a disinfectant spray or wipes or a small amount of dish soap and water.
Can you use a vacuum cleaner to clean Bose headphones?
Bose does not recommend using a vacuum cleaner to clean headphones. It is best to use a disinfectant spray or wipes or small dish soap and water. Rinse them off thoroughly afterward.