IPS monitor cleaning is a critical and a very important job. A dirty monitor will ruin the entire look of the monitor. A fresh monitor will look better and offer better viewing clarity. If you are using an IPS monitor, then this blog is important for you on how to clean IPS Monitor.
IPS monitors have been growing in popularity due to their wide viewing angles and color reproduction. However, they can be difficult to clean, especially if you don’t know how. In this blog post, we will show you how to clean an IPS monitor safely and effectively. So if your monitor is looking a bit dusty or dirty, follow these steps and get it cleaned up in no time!
Steps to clean an IPS monitor:
Step1: Turn off your monitor, and unplug it. Also, make sure you are working in a ventilated space.
Step2: Gather all of your materials together before you start cleaning. This includes a can of compressed air, cotton swabs or q-tips, lint free cloths, and a microfiber cloth.
Step3: Make sure your monitor is dust free before you clean it. To do this, place a cotton swab or q-tip against the screen lightly for a few seconds. If the q-tip picks up any dust or dirt, you need to first use a can of compressed air to remove that dust.
Step4: To clean the monitor, use a microfiber cloth lightly dampened with water. Start by wiping your monitor from top to bottom in small strokes. Do not spray the cleaning solution directly on the screen as excess moisture could damage your monitor. If you need more liquid, spray a bit onto the cloth and gently wipe again.
– Finally, use a lint free cloth to dry your monitor. Gently wipe in a circular motion until the cloth comes up clean.
Tools Required to Clean an IPS Monitor:
- Can of compressed air
- Cotton swabs or q-tips
- Lint free cloths
- Microfiber cloth
- Water (optional)
Things to avoid when cleaning your screen
- Do not use cleaning chemicals or solutions directly on your monitor. They could cause damage to the screen.
- Keep all liquids away from your monitor at all times. The liquid will seep into the cracks and can get inside of your monitor, which is bad for both the screen and the internals of your computer.
- Never use a sharp object to clean your monitor. This could scratch the screen and make it more difficult to clean in the future.
- Do not use excessive force when cleaning your monitor. Gently wiping with a cloth is all you need to do. Applying too much pressure could damage the screen.
- Do not try to clean your monitor while it is still on. This will likely cause more damage than good. Turn it off and unplug it before you start cleaning.
This is how to clean IPS monitor without causing damage that will cost more than the monitor itself. Like having to buy another one or something, because of dust build up inside the screen. You first need to be sure your monitor is turned off. Then you take all the cords or whatever other things were plugged into it and move them out of the way. I hope you enjoyed this blog on How to clean ips monitors.
Can I clean the IPS monitor with water?
You should never clean an IPS monitor with water. Water can seep into the monitor and damage the internal components. Instead, use a dry cloth to wipe down the screen. If there is any dust or debris on the screen, you can use a can of compressed air to dislodge it.
How do I clean my IPS anti glare monitor?
To clean your IPS monitor, you will want to use a microfiber cloth. Never use products that may be oily or abrasive. Instead, simply dampen the cloth with water and wipe the surface of the screen in a circular motion.
How do I clean my LG IPS LED monitor?
First, unplug the monitor from power. Using distilled water and a microfiber cloth, wipe down both sides of the screen gently.
To clean your LG IPS LED monitor, you should use distilled water along with a microfiber cloth. This will keep dust and other particles off your screen as you wipe it down in circular, gentle motions.
Can I use a paper towel to clean my monitor?
No. Paper towels are abrasive and can scratch your screen if you wipe it with them. Never use paper towels or wet wipes to clean an IPS monitor.