There are many ways to stream music on a Roku tv. One of the most common ways is to use a Bluetooth speaker. If you have a Bluetooth speaker, you can connect the speaker to your Roku tv to get the most out of your speaker. This blog post will explain how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to a Roku tv without any external wires.
Table of Contents
- 1 Step 1: Enable Bluetooth on Your Phone
- 2 Step 2: Enable Pairing Mode on Your Roku Device
- 3 Step 3: Search for Available Devices
- 4 Step 4: Choose Which Device to Connect To
- 5 Step 5: Enter Code from TV
- 6 Step 6: Set Up the Connection
- 7 Which Roku devices are compatible?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQs
Step 1: Enable Bluetooth on Your Phone
You must enable Bluetooth on your phone or tablet before connecting it to your TV. Check your device’s user manual for detailed instructions if you don’t know how to. It would be best to ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your Roku player before continuing.
If you’re connecting an iOS device, open Settings and tap on Bluetooth. For AndroidTM devices, go into Settings and look for Bluetooth under Wireless & Networks>More. Some widgets have multiple levels of menus where you can select different options; keep checking until you find what turns Bluetooth on.
Step 2: Enable Pairing Mode on Your Roku Device
All Roku devices come with remote control and, in some cases, additional remotes. These remotes can be used as standard infrared (IR) or Bluetooth remotes if they are paired with your device. Pairing enables you to use your mobile device as a remote for your Roku device.
To pair an IR or Bluetooth remote on most Roku devices, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the home button on your Roku remote until you see a small light flashing on top of it. The flashing light indicates that pairing mode is enabled. If you do not see any lights after 10 seconds, repeat step 1 until enabled in pairing mode.
- On your mobile device, open up Settings and select Bluetooth. Turn it on if it isn’t already turned on. On Android devices, make sure that Show Notifications is checked so that your phone will display when a connection has been made between your phone and another device, such as a Roku player or stick. Depending upon which version of Android you’re using, you may need to enable Pairing Mode under Settings > Bluetooth > Pairing Mode.
Step 3: Search for Available Devices
On your device’s home screen, enter Settings > Network and ensure it is connected to Wi-Fi. Go back and look for Available Devices under your list of available networks. If it appears, you can proceed with step 4. Otherwise, turn off your device and try again later.
Step 4: Choose Which Device to Connect To
Start your Roku device, and then choose Settings, then System, then Network or Network Settings. Select either Wireless Network Connection or Wi-Fi Direct. If you select Wireless Network Connection, follow Step 5. If you choose Direct Wi-Fi, go on to Step 6.
Step 5: Enter Code from TV
If you have a Roku streaming player, enter 0000 as your pairing code. It is typically found on your TV screen and can also be found in your manual. For Macs and Windows PCs, your pairing code should be stored within your computer’s settings menu.
It will most likely require you to go into options within System Preferences if you’re using Mac OS X or Control Panel if you’re using Windows. Look for Bluetooth devices or something similar and select it when available.
Step 6: Set Up the Connection
First, you’ll need to connect your Bluetooth device with your Roku. It will vary depending on what kind of device you have and what TV model it is. Refer to your device’s instruction manual for specific pairing instructions; however, here are some basic steps in general. If you don’t already know how to pair your Bluetooth device with your TV, refer to your device’s instruction manual for specific pairing instructions.
Here are some basic steps:
Turn on both devices (the TV and the speaker). On your Roku remote control press Home> Settings & Help > System Settings > Inputs & Outputs > Bluetooth Audio.
When prompted by the TV screen display, select Pair Device.
Your speaker should be paired within seconds. You can now use any compatible app that supports audio output through HDMI ARC or optical audio (such as Netflix) to send sound from that app through your speaker system.
Which Roku devices are compatible?
The following list of Roku devices have Bluetooth capabilities: HD, LT, and XD models that have built-in Wi-Fi. (Note: The USB port does not include Bluetooth capabilities). It would help if you also used a Roku Streaming Stick or external USB Port.
Pairing is currently only available on Android devices running version 5.0 or higher and iOS devices running version 8.2 or higher (now, iPhones must be paired via their home screens while iPads must be paired through their Settings menu). When pairing on an Android device, you will need to accept two prompts when prompted by your phone’s Settings App > Security > Unknown Sources.
You are pairing a device with your device via Bluetooth:
- Swipe down from your home screen and tap Settings.
- Tap System.
- Under Remote & Devices, tap Remote Control, then tap Pair New Device or New Connection under Bluetooth Setup.
- Tap Search for Device if you don’t see the name of your device or Manufacturer followed by a set of numbers under Paired devices.
- Select your device from among those listed and follow any on-screen instructions.
What Bluetooth devices can I connect to?
If you have a Roku TV, you can use it with any devices that support Bluetooth: smartphones, tablets, laptops, and computers. To connect them wirelessly, all you need is your remote control from your phone’s settings.
How to stream Bluetooth audio from your connected device
Pair your phone with your soundbar by following these steps: Select Start. In Settings, scroll down and select System. In System, select Advanced setup. Select Pair devices via Bluetooth. Hold down your phone’s search button until you see Searching for devices appear on your phone’s screen. On your Roku player, select Start > Settings > Sound. Select OK when you see a Connected device.
Can I connect a Bluetooth Soundbar to my Roku TV?
. If you have a Roku TV and a Bluetooth Soundbar, you can connect the Soundbar to the TV via a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Can you connect any Bluetooth speaker to a TCL Roku TV?
Yes, the Roku TV has a Bluetooth feature that allows you to connect to Bluetooth speakers.